Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Why I am Happily Confused Between Art and Design ?

I don't know what came to my mind to choose the art and design field as my future. Maybe, I was facinated towards this thing (Art & Design), maybe i wasn't. But I can say this thing surely that fascination towards something is not the sole reason for someone's inclination towards something. For example, I am fascinated towards singing and dancing too. But, I can't dance and can't even sing. At a point, where I've to decide between :

Engineering 
Medical
Accountancy(Commerce)
Arts

I was totally lost. I have never thought of that thing before because we Punjabis have the tendency to say always 
"Koi na jad time aunga ta vekh lavange"
means
"We'll see when time arrives"

But when this big question mark chased me, I had nowhere to run. Kinda funny I got state merit in 10th and I wasn't aware of What I Wanted to do, in which stream wanted to continue? At last, I chose Arts. Some people declared me mad, because being in state merit everyone expected me to choose Non-Medical. But they all would perhaps never know that under which  conditions and circumstances, I got that state merit position. I didn't wanted to go that captured environment again from where I got free. I got admission in Arts field. Slowly slowly i saw Arts field getting diversified into unlimited oppurtunities. And I was again at the same point, where to go? I tried photography, I tried Graphic Designing, I tried painting. Man, I was doing good in all those things. But, I was still confused between only Art and only Design, but I was happy. No confusion ever gave me such liberty. I continued my journey. I also had tough time to survive in this journey of mine, but I did. That thing boosted my confidence. I still don't know what's that single thing I want to do, but is it necessary always to choose one thing between multiple things.

I am happy to be in this confusion and I can feel happy and fresh with this confusion in my mind. So nothing is wrong in saying that I am confused. I am still happy and remember some confusions don't spoil your mind.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shubham
    I am really glad that you are writing these days. It also amazes me a lot to read your views and identify myself hidden beneath some of those layers. Keep up the good work. Remain happy and confused. It's the best deal. Believe me!!!
    Mohit

    ReplyDelete